Friday, September 2, 2016

My Skin Picking Journey


I have picking at my face for as long as I can remember. I know I would see my mom pick/pop her pimples, so I suppose you could say that’s where I learned it from. But she is nowhere near the picker I am.

I would say, my skin picking starting to get worse during and after college. In high school, I was treated for Anorexia and later diagnosed with OCD. I was on meds in high school and college. I still continue to struggle with being obsessed with food and being healthy. It does not consume my life though.

One could make an assumption that as I became less obsessed with food my skin picking got worse…maybe… I also contribute it to being worried, stressed or being at home more. I just think there is not one answer to something like this.

I have tried many attempts at beating this and have failed many times. My hope is to share what I have realized and offer advice for others like me.

Am I free of picking? Absolutely not. My goal for this blog is to get others to share their progress and be each other’s support. In my experience, you need someone that can understand what you are going through and keep you optimistic.

Here are some things that I would like to cover in upcoming blog entries:
  • Therapy
  • The dreaded mirror
  • Support
  • Fidget Toys
  • Journaling
  • Pictures
  • Makeup
  • Face Products
  • Helpful blogs/ You Tube videos


Join me on this journey of holding ourselves accountable and strive for a better you. 

I will be posting weekly check-ins where I will share my progress. In addition, I will be posting biweekly topics that pertain to skin picking. I welcome any suggestions and comments.

Let’s start by giving a short summary of you:
  • Your age
  • When you started picking
  • What you like to do for fun
  • One more sentence if you’d like to share anything else
  • We’ll keep intros short

No comments:

Post a Comment